Families who have children at The George Eliot School may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit.
Families who receive the following are eligible for free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal Credit (with an annual income of less than £7,400)
- both income-based and contribution-based JSA/ESA if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both but the income-based amount is greater, but not if the contribution-based amount is greater
- families who are awarded Child Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also eligible to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week ‘run-on’)
For further details visit the Warwickshire County Council Website: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
The school encourages all parents who think they may qualify to make an application.