Family lunch is focused on building strong family values and a sense of community and each day we will discuss a different topic and celebrate acts of kindness as a school community.
Family lunch allows pupils in years 7, 8 and 9 to eat in groups and really get to know each other, creating positive relationships between the pupils throughout the whole school. At George Eliot Academy, being part of a community is an integral part of our school.
Belonging within a team and showing respect and values which we believe should be evident at all times of the day, including lunchtime.
As a cashless school, please use the Weduc App to pay for school dinners.
The school’s catering service is provided by Taylor Shaw, caterer of choice for thousands of secondary school students across the UK.
We believe lunch is an integral part of the school day. When students sit down with friends, they cement relationships, enhance social skills, and replenish both their body and mind.
Our menus are exciting, nutritious, and appealing, served in a supportive environment designed to educate students about how they can make healthy choices to support their wellbeing and improve their ability to focus.
Our freshly prepared menus meet the Government’s School Food Standards and meet the bronze Food for Life standards.
|Week 1 menu dates||Week 2 menu dates||Week 3 menu dates|
4 - 8th December
10 - 12th January
29the January - 2nd February
26th February - 1st March
18 - 22nd March
22 - 26th April
13 - 17th May
10 - 14th June
1 - 5th July
11 - 15th December
15 - 19th January
5 - 9th February
4 - 8th March
8 - 12th April
29th April - 3rd May
20 - 24th May
17 - 21st June
8 - 12th July
18 - 21st December
22 - 26th January
19 - 23rd February
11 - 15th March
15 - 19th April
6 - 10th May
3 - 7th June
24 - 28th June
15 - 19th July
Our meal deals include:
- Main Meal Deal priced at £2.50
Healthy Eating Promotion
Good nutritional choices are vital to students’ health, academic achievement, and wider performance at school. Our Healthy Swaps campaign encourages the uptake of healthier items by providing suggestions for more nutritious options that are readily available.
Keep an eye out for our regular Theme Days and Pop Ups featuring fantastic flavours for students to try including our Taste of Greece, May The Fourth Be With You and Veganuary!
At Taylor Shaw, all our colleagues are trained and up to date with allergen procedures and will provide accurate allergen information to your child. If your child has allergies, we would ask that they speak to our server for information so that they can be provided with the information they need to make an informed and safe choice.
Eating a School Lunch is Better for Your Child
Did you know only 1% of packed lunches meet the nutritional standards that currently apply to school food? Five reasons school lunches are better;
- They save time & money
- They’re nutritionally better than a packed lunch
- They promote a varied diet & encourages new tastes
- They support inclusivity, dining with friends
- They help academic attainment by being linked to improved concentration
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
To find out how to apply please follow this link https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/education-learning/apply-free-school-meals or contact a member of our team.
Taylor Shaw’s Website Address:
Taylor Shaw Logo: