What is a knowledge organiser?
A knowledge organiser is a document, usually no more than two sides of A4, that contains key facts and information that children need to have a basic knowledge and understanding of a topic.
Most knowledge organisers will include:
- essential knowledge about a topic or concept, usually laid out in easily digestible chunks
- key vocabulary or technical terms and their meanings associated with the key concept or topic
- quality images such as maps, diagrams and photographs
- features such as a timeline
- famous quotations, if relevant.
Pupils should use knowledge organisers to self-quiz, prepare for assessments and revise key information.
Please click below for a digital copy of each knowledge organiser.
How to self quiz?
Step 1 - Rule off six lines.
Step 2 - Select a Knowledge Organiser from any subject.
Step 3 - Select a section of the Knowledge organiser.
Step 4 - Read and re read the text, using the look and cover technique.
Step 5 - Write the information learnt into the box using only four lines.
Step 6 - Using a green pen to check and to add any missing information.
Knowledge organiser and self-study support session